Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I am not gonna say it is for sure that Spence will get it done.

Nothing is for sure, I am High on VK but he is not a sure bet, nothing is. I was also frustrated at the end of last year. But thinking about it, not through the eyes of frustration, I think we are being a little too tough on Spence at this point. It takes a couple of years to establish a running game. He has done that beyond anyones expectations.


If you think about it, we all yelled long ball at the end of last year. We tried that against Maryland and Kentucky. Look what happened, then we all yelled run. It is quite simple, we couldn't pass the ball at the end of the year. Not because of Spence, the O-line or the Recievers. It was the QB, I'm sorry but the man can't do much about a QB that just didn't pan out. If he gets a good QB having now established the run (and you have to run mostly to do that) I think he will get it done. If on the otherhand he gets a good QB and does more of the same, well, its just not going to work. In my mind its about 50-50 that he will have a successfull QB this year. The QB must be well rounded, underneath passes, long passes and yep even the ability to scramble.


I don't however think the administration will accept another offensive coordinator change under Bowden. In short if it don't work out I think they know its Bowden. We still keep him 2 more years regardless. Unless he gets picked up by another team, or unless TD Phillips leaves, I believe Paul Johnson is our next coach.


As for the talent gap. WF definitely not, NC has been closing in, Maryland is very close and NC State I hate to tell you is our equal. But thats not the bad part, now, all of those teams are undoubtably better coached than us. Save WF the talent gap is nowhere near enough to even be a factor. WF will still probably not pull the top recruits in, but you can be rest assurred their recruiting is going to improve dramatically after winning the ACC. It is getting to the point where Duke is going to be the only push over in the ACC.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive