Monday, June 25, 2007

On a serious note..


Not sure if you guys know but Carolina freshman offensive lineman Quinton Richardson was stabbed 7 times Sat. night. It has been said that he was involved in an altercation over a girl that he didn't know or barely knew. He went through a successful surgery Sun. morning, repairing a injury which involved a colapsed lung. It has been said that he has amazed the doctors at how quickly he is recovering. He is recovering so well that he should be out of the hospital tomorrow, and should be ready for football activities as soon as a couple of weeks. Here's what his mother had to say after the injury:


"As a parent, you never want to get that phone call late at night," she said. "It was a shock, but once I heard what happened, as a praying parent, I knew Quintin would be O.K. one way or the other," she said. "His best friend called me to give me the details, and we immediately made our way to the hospital."


"The doctors have said the fact that he was in such good shape beforehand has really helped him make a faster recovery than expected," she said. "The average male probably wouldn't recover this quickly, and we're very thankful for that. We're hoping he'll be released from the hospital (Tuesday) afternoon if all goes well."


"During the recruiting process, I told him anywhere within eight hours would be close enough," she said. "With him being my oldest child, we're very close, so I'm so glad he's going to be close to me for the next four or five years. We're all looking forward to him getting on that field and making the whole Gamecock community proud."


"Throughout this process, the whole Gamecock fan base has just amazed me and proven to be a special group of people," she said. "I'm thankful for all of their concerns and visits to the hospital, and I want them to know that we're doing all we can to get my son well again. He's going to make them all proud soon enough."


The link below has a couple of news videos about the assault:


Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive