Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I TOOK THAT ONE FROM THE GAMECOCK MESSAGE BOARD

If it had came from a Clemson message board, I would not have mentioned it. They were pissed off about the comment. I just thought it would be interesting to get your thought on it.

I can't agree with you on wasting the talent. More importantly, more and more recruits disagree with you. They want one thing, to play in the NFL. So you can't exactly say he is wasting talent, they are coming to better their shot at playing pro football. He is being quite successful at it. Gaines Adams went from a guy that couldn't get picked up in college football to a first round draft pick. Like it or not, as long as this continues, we will get recruits.

I am sure you have a good reason, but I am not sure how this affects the Cocks. I do however think Spurrier is going to help the Tigers. Simply by finally giving us some competition. At least I hope so. I won't really go by last year though, he still has allot to prove yet. For what its worth I think he will, but one year on a missed field goal is hardly a sure bet. In other words we hopefully, if he continues to give us competition will no longer be able to be a mediocre team and still win our rilvary every year handily. Beat the Cocks and you will keep your job, simple as that. Lose to the Cocks and you will get fired, guaranteed. I hope he keeps it up, we will either improve or make a change. The Cocks lack of success have kept Bowden around, in my opinion.

My thoughts, Bowden still has a little glimmer of hope, Korn. We lack one thing every year, well two, first off motivation. Secondly, and different every year we have a key weakness. First it was O-line. Then running backs. Now it is QB. If Korn comes in and pans out, it could save Bowden once again. Otherwise, save last year being a fluke for the Cocks, he is going.

Brent, I think saying Ford will never come back is silly. After all if Lou tried it anything is possible. I didn't say he is coming back, I said with TD Phillips it is still possible. To say its not possible, anything is a possibility. He is not too old.

Paul Johnson, thats my choice. Who do you want? Sorry buddy, Grobe is off the table. He has a ten year contract and we certainly cannot afford to buy it out.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive