Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Depends On Clemson

I think the ACC is on the rise as well. I think FSU will be back to national contenders by next year and VT will always be good. Clemson is higher profile than any of the rest, except Miami. I think they need to become ACC contenders to bring credibility to the conference. If you can hold 80,000 people and have the rabid fan base we do, there is really no excuse not to be contenders. They should not be losing to Maryland, North Carolina, NC State, or Wake period. I know those teams will be good, but talentwise there is a gap between Clemson and those schools. To be contenders this year, they have to beat FSU as well. I don't think they will beat VT and theres GT to contend with as well.

Mickey Andrew is a good coordinator, but I'm not holding my breath for Danny Ford to come back to Clemson. Our academic people will not let him back, and you can bet on that.

I have faith in the team, but I don't think the QB situation is gonna be much better this year, early on. I think Clemson will struggle just enough to go 8-4 because of that. That is mediocre, but it won't get Bowden fired. I think it will take 6-6 or worse with a loss to the chickens to get him fired this year. I don't want to see that record though. Maybe year 3 with Spence will be the year his offense fully opens up and we can start calling him the "Mad Scientist" instead of the "Nutty Proffesor."

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive