Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Thought You Might Agree,

About the article, I have no doubt what you are saying is true. It just about had to be taken out of context because otherwise it didn't make sense. Spurrier is smart enough to set a goal of an SEC championship first, his side of the SEC in fact but his ultimate goal after that is certainly a NC.


I agree he has had some talent to work with, but they do seem to be playing harder on his arrival. I also agree he has somewhat of some rebuilding (not DL and Billie is back) but he has far more talent now to work with. But they are young and do need to be coached and motivated. I think he will actually have a better Defense this year. He is a good motivator.


I'm glad to hear that you noticed that Brent. The D. overcame alot last year. They were in bad situations most of the year. A lesser D. would have given up and I really beilieve that is why we are more competitive now. Think about it. A college football team is built around the Defense. You can have an outstanding offense and still be mediocre with a bad defense. Look at Hawaii.


I will state my good points for VK again. First and foremost we could him dirt cheap. The administration could say you are getting a shot on a trial basis and if you are successfull a bigger contract but minimal money and committment up front. Whats one year? We could keep our assistant coaches. Very important, again minimal money not to have to replace them. The man is a good motivator. Again a college team is built around Defense. He could bring in a good Defensive coordinator and we would be solid always on defense with him as head coach and another defensive coordinator, basically we would have two Defensive coordinators, solid.


Now let me rile you both up again,, this is going to be very unpopular, but true if you really think about it. We have not had a QB with the ability to go long since Spence has been there. I saw what happened when he tried to go long last year, it was not pretty. Whitehearst was injured for much of Spence's first year. Proctor just didn't get it done, at first unable to go downfield and later he even lost the ability to go underneath. I think he has been limited on what he can call. My opinion, the verdict is still out. Unfortunately, I don't think Harper can throw the long ball and he will still be limited. Korn on the otherhand is a different story.


If he gets a good QB (not his fault so far) I think his play calling will change. If he continues to do nothing but run as he could only do last year we will never do well on offense. I think he learned that last year. Even when its working (run) you have to go downfield to keep defenses honest and to give your team confidence that it can do it. We have to do it more against lesser teams, to give the QB and recievers confidence. If Korn comes in and is able to throw, you guys may change your opinion of him real quick. You guys cannot deny the QB situation has not been good. Just my opinion, the verdict is still out. Not saying its for sure, but he gets my benefit of the doubt, for now.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive