Monday, October 30, 2006

Speed WR commits to the Gamecocks!


WR Matt Clements (6-1 185) of Naples, Florida committed to USC Monday night. The commitment comes one day after Clements completed his official visit to USC. He picked the Gamecocks over Pittsburgh and West Virginia. Plus he had offers from traditional powers Clemson, Ohio State, Auburn and Nebraska.

"I wanted to end up in a place where I can be a part of something, the first to do something," Clements said. I wanted to go to a place where the coach and the players want to win. It was good fit. This is where I need to be. My heart was telling me this is where I need to be."

Clements is an excellent athlete who also played quarterback for his high school. He will strictly be a receiver with the Gamecocks.

"I just want to go there and play hard nose football," Clements said. "I have pretty good hands and good size. I really like to block a lot. I just want to go out there and make some plays and win an SEC championship."

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive