Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Bottle that hit coach was from Tigers fan..


Clemson football coach Tommy Bowden told ESPN that he was hit in the back of the head with a mini glass liquor bottle while on the sideline during the Tigers' loss at Virginia Tech on Thursday night.

Tech assistant athletic director Sharon McCloskey told The Roanoke Times on Friday that a Tech police officer in the stands saw a man "dressed in Clemson gear" throw the bottle. She said the man was ejected from the stadium; he was not arrested.

McCloskey said a Tech officer guarding Bowden on the sideline told her Thursday night that Bowden was hit by an "airline-type" bottle.

Police "said it was a Clemson person that did it," she said. "The policeman told me they didn't think he was trying to throw it at the coach; he was just trying to throw it out there. I don't know ... whether they thought they got a bad call or something."

"Had I turned and had it hit me in the eye, it would have killed me," Bowden told ESPN. "It was glass. That's what scared me."

http://www.tigernet.com/index.jsp

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive