Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Big Game.

I won't even get into the argument over the SEC conference, but yeah I think our money is safe. I am just ready for the biggest game to date for the Tigers coming up Saturday. I think both teams are going to find out which one is for real or not. I may end up going to the game and sitting in the same seat we had for the NC game. GT has beaten Clemson the last 2 years, with both of them being handed to the Jackets. In 2004 Clemson had the game won but let a punt sail over Cole Chason's head leading to the TD catch by Calvin Johnson that put him on the national scene. Last year, Clemson hadn't fumbled all year but Merriweather coughed it up inside the 5 on Clemson drove down the field methodically on their first possession. That led to 3 more turnovers and a Touchdown being called back as well.
Clemson is the more talented team overall. We have better playmakers and that great offensive line that should match up pretty well against one of the best defensive minds in the country (John Tenuta). Defensively, I think our speed will be able to neutralize the run pretty efficiently. I think we will definately give up some passing yards if Gaines Adams is not able to get pressure on Ball. If he and the DL can, watch for Reggie Ball to throw some bad passes that Clemson could intercept. I think this game will be close, but we really should win it at home. I think the one thing that could lose it for us is special teams. If we give up a big kick return or miss extra points or a field goal, GT is too good not to take advantage of it.

Prediction: Clemson 24 Georgia Tech 21

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive