Sunday, September 16, 2012

To answer your last question

about Clemson only playing ND in women's softball, that would be a big no because Clemson doesn't have a women's softball team lol. Now that that's out of he way..

I did listen to the ND press conference and the quote I'm about to give is the most telling, factual, and important part about the press conference concerning football. This came right out of the ND president's mouth. When a reporter asked if this deal ever came close to being done with another conference besides the ACC. This is how the ND president responded:

"I don't think there's out there a better situation than the situation we have. As I said, the ACC has allowed us to retain a tradition that's so central to our identity in football while we're joining a conference that athletically as well as academically fits ND perfectly. I just don't think there is a better option out there than the situation we have."

This came strait from the press conference I listened to on youtube. I didn't hear the ND president or AD mention one word about joining the ACC for football. Here is another quote from the AD on the ND website:

"We have monitored the changing conference landscape for many months and have
concluded that moving to the ACC is the best course of action for us," Swarbrick
said. "This will enable us to retain our historic independence in football,
join in the ACC's non-BCS bowl package, and provide a new and extremely
competitive home for our other sports.

They are not joining the ACC bro. They got all they wanted from the ACC, 5 guaranteed BCS games a year and they also get to play all of their traditional rivals. Rivals that have went back one hundred years. Do you think they would give up those rivalry games to join the ACC and play Duke, Maryland, and Wake lol? Not hardly.

As far as the other stuff you are just attempting to put words in my mouth.I never said the ACC wouldn't get better bowl deals and I never said that ND would get the best one. You sound like the one that hasn't listened to the press conference if you don't know how the bowl scenario will work. Nothing I said about it wasn't true. You are just tying to add to it and put words in my mouth.

One person that isn't exactly excited about the ND deal is Micky Plyler. I just read his Friday blog that is a email Q&A. I won't post the whole thing because I don't know if I can get into trouble but I will post an excerpt that sounds eerily simular to what I had to say about the bowl situation. Do you think he is making stuff up too?

From Plyler:

A downside you didn't mention was the scenario where ND bumps you from a bowl. How happy are Clemson fans going to be if they could have gone to Orlando but end up in El Paso because ND gets the spot even though they are not in the league?

You know where to find his blog if you want to read the whole thing. You should because he has a few other interesting things to say lol. Just so you know I listen to him on my way to work and he doesn't think there is any way in hell ND ever joins the ACC either. Him and Deptula both agree on this one..

I never said it was a bad move by the ACC. Not once. I for one am looking forward to watching Clemson play ND. That isn't the argument however. It is if ND will ever join the ACC for football. You made it out like I said it was a bad deal and I didn't. We both agree it's a good deal. Still doesn't mean ND will ever join the ACC..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive