Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Lol, I understand..

Ragging on each other a little is always gonna be a part of college football.

I think it was humid, adrenolin and going full speed the whole game was a big factor. FSU coming back probably helped the Tigers in the long run. They can't get comfortable. But they did reach down in the 4th and find something extra in the tank. Thats what makes a good football team.

I think they did however stop the blitzing. Oh, they were still trying to get to the QB. But at that point it was with inside lineman not the same as before or late in the 4th. Spence as I said had a great gameplan. One of his problems is he throws everything at you early and he needs to learn to save it for the second half. The direct snap for example would have been better used in the second half. Second half is what counts.

You can't get conservative late in the game. You lose like that. I think he is learning. Taken as a whole I have even more hope for his offense and I am sold for the moment on Harper. The next two weeks they can't let up. Full speed every game, if you play half speed just because you can you have a tendency to do it in a game later that you can't.

Now, I didn't get to see the Gamecocks but I'm not too concerned. Some of the older coaches have a tendency to hold back on a lesser team the week before the big game. Oldest trick in the book especially early in the season. Georgia didn't see much I'm sure and will probably take the Gamecocks a little lighter now. However Georgia seems to be a little better than we had hoped. Gonna be a big battle, I can guarantee it and I won't count out the Old Ball Coach. He is making adjustments and they will be ready to play. He knows football and he saw something in the off season.

Gamecocks win, surprise everyone.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive