Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Good job at blowing that one out of context Brent..

I did say that the defense was starting to look tired in the 2nd half. Hell they was tired. They weren't as fast or tackling anywhere near as well as they did in the first half. Clemson was still blitzing in the 2nd half it just wasn't working as well and I believe it was because they were tired. As far as CJ goes, I didn't hear anyone over at my house say that he was out of shape. I said that him leaving for the whole Summer workouts to visit family may have hurt his stamina and conditioning. You could tell that the same CJ that started the game was not the same CJ that ended it. He lost a step in the 2nd half and everytime they put the camera on him it looked like he was having trouble catching his breath. Regardless, he is awesome. I wasn't taking anything away from him at all. JD had the better game I thought and he didn't get enough snaps in my opinion. When CJ got tired in the 2nd half they should have brought in JD. Both are great backs though.

Vance, you know how Brent gets after games like this one. He loses the color in his face.. lol. He also gets very defensive. He just heard what he wanted to hear. There was a lot of talk about how bad FSU's D looked because they were trying to arm tackle and missing assignments terribly. Brent took this and what I said in the above paragraph and.... POW! LOL.. "Clemson hasn't won a game over here (at my house) in 3 years.." lol.

Bottom line is that Clemson won. They are off to a good start and if they play like they did in the first half of that game all season long they could easily kill the ACC this year. They looked better than Carolina did and Carolina didn't look terrible but they didn't look good either. Thats another post though. I'm trying to get my school work caught up but I'll have a Gamecock report as soon as I can. Overall, good win for the Tigs.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive