Monday, September 10, 2007

I don't agree at all about FSU being overated....

It was only a 10 point win over UAB this weekend, however. They were coming off a short week and with no time to prepare for specifically for them. Having said that they still made a few statements. 332 yards passing and 2 TD's for Weatherford and 188 rushing yards. Unfortunately, I think they are well on their way to getting back to the old FSU and this year to boot. I saw the old refuse to lose in them in the second half this year. With Colorodo, Alabama and NC State coming up they could easily be 4 and 1 with a couple of confidence building wins to boot. I am glad we played them early, not because they are overated but because they are gonna be good this year eventually.

The same could be said for Georgia being overrated. But I won't because its a good win and does alot for both our teams and that is what is important. I do however wish we both had played Auburn and Va Tech early. At the moment they both do indeed seem to be overrated. But I certainly wouldn't chalk them up as a win later on in the season for either one of us.

As for the La Monroe, totally different take as I did get to listen to the game. First off, I told you, I think Spurrier played down his first game on purpose which obviously if he did worked. As for us, short week with no time to prepare for an option team. Very important in that most of those rushing yards were on the QB draw. The defense did miss a couple of tackles but it is also misleading in that Bowden cleared the bench in the second half. La Monroe then tacked on two more TD's I think and probably about 150 yards rushing.

Having said all that, I could not be more pleased with that game. Our goal was to establish Harper and a passing threat. Breaking the school record for TD's in one game with 5 and only playing 2 and a half quarters, no interceptions through 2 games, seven passing TD's, I think he has done that. He has alot of confidence now. Again, no disappointments at all except for Korn coming in. Harper could get alot more confidence throwing the football this week. NC State is not looking so hot either. If we can win those 2 that we should he could be a damn good Qb when everything is said and done and all he has to do is keep doing what he is doing.

I said it from the word get. If Clemson can establish themselves as a passing threat backing opponents off the line, whew!! Gonna be a good year.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive