Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finally get to post..


Yea, the LSU game wasn't pretty. We did hold them to less points than anyone expected and scored more than anyone expected. We beat the spread by 4. None of it matters much because we still lost. I guess it mattered to the pollsters a little because we didn't drop much. We had opportunities to make it a game but didn't capitalize. We also gave LSU to many opportunities. The game was called pretty dirty and it shouldn't have effected the game much. Where it did effect us was in the mindset of our players. I think after a while the players were thinking that the officials were gonna give LSU everything they could and not give us anything. Could be wrong there but if I would have been a player for Carolina in that game thats what I woulda been thinking. Like you said though bro, you gotta move on and look towards the rest of the season..

Jasper is out for the season and that is a big blow because he is our best player and leader. I still think our defense will be fine but not quite as good. We are 2nd in the nation in pass D and that's all because of our secondary. Jasper says that he's gonna take the medical redshirt and come back next season rather than going pro. Who knows though, Rice said the same thing. I wouldn't blame Jasper if he went pro though. He is a senior and he deserves his shot at the big time. With Rice that wasn't really the case.

Our run D has really got to step up this Sat. MSU is a run first team and they are pretty good at it. They have a pretty good RB that can make things happen. A big win Sat. will give a lot of confidence to our D minus Jasper. I found out today that I may be going to the game. Ross asked me to go and I told him I didn't have the money. He said he would buy my ticket and he would drive if I went. Hard to pass that up. Dunno, we'll see.

Smelley is our new starter. I like the move. Our offense looked pretty durn good against the best D in the nation when Smelley was in there last week. Who knows though, Blake could get another shot like he did last season and look good in the last few games. You never know about our offense. That isn't necessarily good but it isn't bad either. It throws defenses off when they don't know what to expect from your offense. We gotta get better though and I think we will. A lot of young talent on offense right now..

Clemson should win big this Sat. The only obstacle they will have is GT's pass rush. I read somewhere that GT blitzes 88% of the time. That is unbelievable. I think Clemson should win in a rout as long as Harper plays like he's been playing.

Looking at the schedule, Carolina should be 7-1 going into the Tenn. game. We gotta beat Kentucky but I think we can. Kentucky hasn't faced a good defense yet. Hopefully our #2 ranked pass D will prevail against their passing attack. I think if we are not 7-1 going into the Tenn. game, we have lost one that we shouldn't have. Speaking of that, doesn't look like Clemson is going to lose one they shouldn't this season. If Clemson wins the ones that they are supposed to and lose the 3 toss-ups on their schedule, they can do no worse than 9-3.. Not to shabby..

Oh yea, we picked up a commit today. The 10th ranked player in the state of NC. He is a OLB named Reggie Bowens. He's 6-foot-2, 210 lbs. and runs a 4.5 forty. That's pretty quick for a LB. He's a 3 star right now but he could easily be a 4 star when the next rankings come out from what I hear. Good pickup in a position of need for Carolina.

Personal note: I joined an honor society fraternity today called Phi Theta Kappa. They may kick me out after this semester though.. lol.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive