Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Running Back Predictions.



I have to disagree with you on where Spiller is right now, concerning playing time. I think that Demerick Chancellor will be fighting for playing time next season. Spiller is too talented of a player not to get him the ball. I think Reggie Merriweather will be the back in short yardage situations, mostly...but I do think he will get at least 10 carries a game. Here is my predictions for the 12 regular season games....the ACC championship and BCS bowl not included.

James Davis: 212 carries, 1200 yards 9 TDs....30 receptions, 289 yards, 3 TDs
Reggie Merriweather: 108 carries 437 yards 6 TDs...12 receptions, 88 yards
CJ Spiller: 110 carries, 597 yards, 7 TDs....23 receptions 215 yards, 3 TDs
Demerick Chancellor: 35 carries, 118 yards, 2 TDs....5 receptions, 32 yards
Paul Macko: 10 carries, 34 yards

I think Merriweather's work ethic gets him his share of carries this year. He is a "blue-collar" guy and sets the bar for the other tailbacks. By the end of the year "Thunder & Lightning" as the Davis/Spiller duo are called by teammates, will be the best show in the ACC.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive