Sunday, August 20, 2006


I will agree with Vance, in that Spurrier hasn't proven himself just yet. However, the picture of Richard Simmons was funny. I think Lou Holtz did bring the program up a notch, in national recognition at least. I was reading Bart Wright's editorial about Holtz today, actually. Holtz was a good coach, but the game was just past him and he was just too old to have the type of program it takes to succeed today. I wish for "his" sake he could've done better.
I am not a Carolina fan, but I do think South Carolina will not have a losing season under Spurrier, and may sneak into the SEC championship game in a few years. But, alas, they will never beat the Tigers!
Tommy Bowden does have some things to prove, in my humble opinion. I am a Clemson fan first, and if he doesn't win 9 games I will be disappointed, not necassarily to the point of asking for a new coach. Now if we go 7-5 or 6-6 I will know that Tommy cannot lead us to where the recruits we are getting are taking us. With that being said, I really think we will do okay this year. Better than okay.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive