Monday, August 28, 2006

Thoughts on Spurrier's PC, Clemson's Depth Chart


I listened to Spurrier's press conference today, and I thought he sounded pretty confident in his team. They are taking a wait and see approach to the questions concerning the team, most notably on defense. He sounded pretty confident in the first and second year guy's on the O-line and defense, but he also conceded that his Cocks are not ready to challenge for the SEC title yet.
The depth chart had a few changes, that were pretty expected. CJ Spiller will be co-second team with Reggie Merriweather, Davis of course 1st string. Aaron Kelly and Rendrick Taylor must be tied in practice because they're co-starters at the WR-X position. I would like to see them on the field at the same time myself. Tyler Grisham will start in 3 back sets in the WR-Z (confusing letter assignments). He is the typical Ricky Proehl possession, tough, white boy receiver that we really need. And of course Spiller and Jacoby Ford will be handling kickoff and punt returns to add explosiveness in this area. I know this weeekend will be a blowout, but I am anxious to see how this team gels and see what Spence has in store for this year's offense. I am anxious to see how our secondary plays their assignments as well. The full depth chart is on thetigernet.com and tigerillustrated.com.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive