Thursday, October 20, 2011

I really enjoy the conversations that we have on this board.....

And now more than ever, i try to be more objective in my views of both programs. About the Clemson offense, i wasnt knocking what they do, i was simply stating that a playbook doesnt have to be loaded to the gills with hundreds of plays. All a team really needs is 20-30 plays but out of 6-10 different formations. Why take the time to practice a buinch of plays that you may run 5 or 6 times a year. Just be great at the plays that you are gonna run on a consistent basis. Simplfying a playbook is not a bad thing, but you have to be able to disguise what you are doing, not only offensively but defensively as well. For example, Carolina simplified their defensive scheme and for the last 4 games, the defense has been lights out. Why???? Not because they are running some pro-style defense with a lot of different assignments, but because they have practiced over and over and over what they are gonna do consistently and have gotten great at it. When you do this, you take a lot the mental aspect out of the game and the players dont out think themsekves which leads to less blown assignments because it becomes instinct. They just naturally know what to do. It would be comparable to muscle memory or anything else than anyone does in their day to day lives.

I'll be the first to admit that i do take football serious, but thats because this is what i wanna do the rest of my life. I wanna coach this game and im working toward getting myself in a position to do so. I told Blake not to long ago, that late at night when i cant sleep or jus tdont have anything better to do, i lay around and study different schemes both offensive and denfensive. Im currently in the process of reading up on the 46 Bear defense. Now, with this defense, you cant run it against the spread offesnes of todays game but it is ideal for goalline and triple option teams. IO have yet to figure out why teams have not used some form of this against Ga Tech but oph well, thats why i dont make the big bucks.

And i also know that im wrong more than im right, but im right in my mind. LOL. I dont ever get mad at anyone on this board,. I know its all in good fun, but sometimes i do disagree with stuff thats said and thats when i stat my opinion or view on something. It doesnt really mean im right but its how i see things. I"ll try to get back on later and give some more of my views on both programs and the directions that i think we are headed. I really can see the Clemson/Carolina rivalry becoming what Fla State/Florida used to be. I think both of our programs are in better shape than either of those and we could be headed toward a game that not only the state wants to watch every year, but that becomes more important on the national scene. JMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive