Saturday, October 29, 2011

Clemson a pretend team this year?

As the great Lee Corso would say "not so fast my friend!"

Point of that title is this Clemson team is different. They control have/can/will control every ball game they play this year. This is not the Clemson of old. This is a national powerhouse team. I had my jealous struggles with the fact but now I am past them. I have no problem with the fact that Clemson is just a great football team this year.

I was surprised at Deptula's take on this game against GT. Even he has jumped on this national bandwagon of GT upsetting Clemson. He all but said GT would win. He always leaves room for him to not be wrong, but he really thinks GT will win this game.

I don't get it. Why is the hype there for GT. Yeah, they they have the #8 pass defense in the country but they also have the #94 rush defense in the country. Why pass on GT if you can run all day on them?

Don't get me wrong, GT is a good football team. They have had a couple of bad losses but they are well coached and have a semi-dynamic offense. An offense that no team in the NCAA wants to face. It's tricky and very disciplined. The Clemson defense will have their work cut out for them.

What GT and all of the media don't realise is Clemson will match every point GT can score easily. It really wouldn't matter if Clemson had Abbeville's defense. Clemson can match every point GT can score. I'm not doubting that Clemson couldn't do the same against the likes of LSU and BAMA. And that is no bullshit. Clemson has one of the 2 most explosive offenses in the nation. The other is Okie St.

Clemson and Oklahoma lite are virtually the same team. Chad Morris brought a Big 12 offense to Clemson. A offense that is built to stand on it's on and not worry or depend on a defense. His offense says score at all costs. No other team in the nation has a better offense than Clemson and Ok St. Problem is the defense of both teams in the eye of the media. Thing is Clemson's defense isn't that bad. They have bad stats sure but not terrible if you watch them play. Same goes for OK St. They don't have a terrible D either. I would easily give Clemson's defense the edge between the two.

Man I am just rambling but I like reading you guy's rambling posts so I will continue and see how long I can go lol.

Bottom line with GT is that they can't beat VA or Miami and people actually think they can beat the Clemson team I just rambled on about? No way, won't happen. It may be a close game but I would be really shocked if Clemson didn't win by 20 or more.

On to Carolina, Tenn is as bed ridden as we are. They have their all-sec QB injured as well as their version of Alshon Jeffery at WR in Justin Hunter. They will start a redshirt QB from Rock Hill SC that neither of our teams offered in Justin Worley. What should that tell you about this game? It should tell you that Clowney will have a field day crushing the QB from his former cross town rival school. That's what it should tell you. What it tells me is that there is a possibility that this kid will go out there and light it on fire in the name of the chicken curse. That is what it tells me..

Moving on, still rambling. Do you guys think that Clemson's toughest game will be against Carolina? Even though I have lost nearly all confidence in my team I still feel like it will be Clemson's toughest matchup of the season. The only reason is because of our defense. And I guess that is more about what this question is about. I'm not talking about the Clemson vs Carolina game in general. Our offense is really bad and I think it will be much worse without Latt. What I really mean to ask is if South Carolina's defense is the kryptonite that can slow down Clemson's offense. I know VT defense is good but I think South Carolina's is better. I'm not wrong for thinking that am I? Deptula implanted this in my brain today but I'm not sure how much I can respect his opinion on things right now after hearing him not go all out saying Clemson would beat GT but instead weigh in on the upset.

I don't think Clemson will lose a game this season unless they pull a "Old timey Clemson". But this is a different Clemson team and if they do lose I will scream from the tallest hill in Calhoun Falls that "THE TIGER CURSE HAS BEEN BORN!"

You may think that is crazy, but I have planted one. A tiger curse. I made it a ritual and Brent helped me do it. It was an asshole move by him at the time and I can promise you that he doesn't even know what he did but maybe, just maybe it will come back to bite him and Ben Tillman will smite the Tiger nation all because of young Brent's actions towards a lowly Gamecock fan after the Auburn loss...

I'll give you a little hint Brent: you missing a purple Clemson shirt that was way too short for you? I found it hanging on the back of my computer chair very neatly like a flag after we lost to Auburn. It has been sealed with a scroll that will only open when this lowly Gamecock fan needs a Garnet light to prevail. I will choose my time. All I can say bro is blame Brent for being a asshole when the seal is broken..

I was missing one antidote for my potion to seal the scroll. I needed a little bit of Spurrier's pee but I figured a drop of Bird Dog Whiskey would work just as well. Only thing I'm afraid of is that a mandrake will pop out and freeze me when I unravel the Clemson rag.

You think I'm crazy yet? Maybe I do too but it's my last hope and I am my mama's son lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive