Saturday, August 20, 2011

No I have been going by what the coaches say

I would rather have the coach's opinions after watching the actual practice film than have Wilbur Wayne's opinion of a highlight video. Highlight video's are named HIGHlight for a reason.

It is funny you bring up my knowledge of the team without watching them. I actually went to Columbia today and watched the scrimmage. The offense struggled in the official scrimmage which was only about 30 plays. The offense looked pretty good in the drills before the scrimmage which lasted longer than the scrimmage itself. They also did a lot of special teams work. I think we have found a punter which has been a concern. Joey Scribner-Howard was booting them pretty well. Jay Wooten will handle everything else. He consistently hit FGs beyond 40 yds.

Alshon is just Alshon. A freak of nature. One play he slipped and fell flat on the ground but guess what, he still came up with the catch. It almost looks like at times that he's just lucky but then he goes and does it again and again and again. People will be sorry for the fat jokes lol.

One freshman that I believe will avoid a redshirt is RB Shon Carson. He may even surpass Kenny Miles as the #2 back. He is probably the quickest back on the team.

I didn't get to see Byrd's speed utilized on a deep route. I was really looking forward to that but they just didn't call a play for it. I will say this, he caught every single pass that touched his hands. He has very soft hands and I was impressed with his pass catching ability.

All of the WRs have good hands. I think I saw 2 dropped passes all day.

The defense ruled the practice today. The defensive line is just sick. I think they will live up to the hype as one of the top 5 defensive lines in the nation for sure.

Clowney's speed off the end is ridiculous. One time he was in the backfield on a HB draw play and tackled the QB and RB at the same time lol.

Brandon Shell and Kyle Nunn were really the only two that could do decent against Clowney. He bulled over every other tackle. Clowney will live up to the hype this season imo.

Brandon Shell is one of the biggest people I've ever seen lol. It's crazy that he is only 18.

The secondary was a pleasant surprise today. They looked very fast. Caught a couple of picks and dropped a couple as well. The dropped picks were the only bad thing I saw from them today. They were about as impressive as the DL.

The QB play was shitty during the scrimmage. Like I said, there were some well thrown plays in the redzone work and the 7 on 7 type stuff before the scrimmage but during the scrimmage it was shitty. The center's high snaps along with Clowney in their face just lead to bad decisions. Luckily for them they won't face many DL's as good as ours.

Overall it was a pretty vanilla practice. A lot of special teams work which was good to see because it answered some concerns for me. Defense ruled the day and they needed to because the offense has been ahead so far this Fall.

By the way, I have a surprise for you guys but I will have to send it to your email's. Stay tuned for that. You will like it! Trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive