Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My expectations for the Gamecocks this season

I don't want my view of the Gamecock's expectations this season to get lost in the whirlwind of hype posts. Just because a few analysts think highly enough of our team to say that we will win it all doesn't mean that I think that it will happen. I will lay out my expectations for the Gamecocks this season and I would like to see what you guys have for your teams in the same format, even if not as in depth:

I will turn pale like Brent expectations: 8 or below wins with losses to Clemson and bowl game.

Falls way below expectations: 8 wins or below with loss to either Clemson or bowl opponent.

Below expectations: 9 wins with losses against Clemson and SEC champ game (if option) but win bowl game.

Slightly below expectations: 9 wins with win against Clemson but loss in bowl and SEC champ game.

Average expectations: 9-10 wins with wins against Clemson and bowl opponent but with loss in SEC champ game.

Exceeds expectations: 10-11 wins with wins against Clemson and SEC champ game but loss in BCS bowl game.

Highly exceeds expectations: 11-12 wins with wins against Clemson, SEC champ game, and BCS bowl.

Cure world hunger and create world peace expectations: Win the national championship! Unfortunately, curing world hunger and creating world peace are probably more likely than the Gamecocks winning the national championship..

By the way these are not actual scenarios that I see playing out so don't try to critique them and say "what if". This is just a basic gauge of my expectations. I'm sure I would be able to look back at this graph and find that it would be pretty accurate at judging this season after it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive