Wednesday, December 20, 2006

WOW.. Another 4 star DL commit for the Gamecocks!


DL Ladi Ajiboye (6-2 305) of Hargrave Prep, VA and Atlanta said Wednesday he will enroll at USC in January. Ajiboye is not sure when he'll sign his scholarship papers. He signed a letter of intent with Virginia Tech last February after backing off a commitment to the Gamecocks. Now, he is sure he wants to play in Columbia. "My time at Hargrave really opened my eyes," Ajiboye said. "When I went to Virginia Tech my second time, it didn't seem the same. I have friends at South Carolina (Carlos Thomas) and I have people coming in (Addison Williams) and we've been talking and South Carolina is the best place for us." As for his teammate at Hargrave DE Clifton Geathers possibly joining him at USC, Ajiboye said, "He told me he was, but you never know." Ajiboye said Clemson also recruited him hard this second time around.

Other notes: Ajiboye is the 7th best prep school prospect in the nation, and the best prep school D-lineman in the nation. Carolina is still in good standing with 4 star Clifton Geathers and 5 star Carlos Dunlap. Both are expected to be Gamecocks in the end. If this isn't going to be the best DL class in the nation, I would like to see which is. Also, with the commitment of Ajiboye, the Cocks jumped to 9th in the nation in recruiting. It's just amazing to me, and whats so crazy is, this signing class isn't over yet!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive