Friday, December 01, 2006

One final play before the FG..


I watched the replay of the final play before the field goal today. Then after that, I watched probably 20 more times.

I wondered after I watched it the first time why Jasper Brinkley and Syvelle Newton got into the backfield to sack Will Procter so easily. After I watched the play so many times and saw what was actually going on I realized it was some bullshit Rob Spence designed play. It was a type of play that shouldn't have been called in this situation in my opinion. Just sit tight Brent and keep reading, because I'm going to help your case of not liking of Spence's retarded play calling.

When I watched the replay of the play, Clemson RT Marion Dukes drops back with his hands to his side and blocks no one. I'm not sure exactly what Spence's plan was with Dukes on that play, but it wasn't for him to block anyone. He didn't even attempt to. I believe it's got something to do with the whole zone blocking scheme. I mean, I can see a guy trying to block the guy in front of him and not being able to because he got burnt, but when he comes out after the snap and not having his hands up trying to just even slow a blitzer down? He just dropped back with his hands to the side. That had to be a part of that designed play. May be it was the whole zone blocking scheme. I don't know.

Anyway, to further my point. The two outside wideouts run a 2 step turn around route then jump up in the air? As like a fake jump or something? What the hell is that?

Ok, there were 3 WR on the play a TE, and a RB. The two outside WRs were just used as a decoy of some sort of fake route and the TE is used to pass block.. So may be your RB is going to run a route and try to get open.. Nope, the RB runs out to the flats only to block a DB?

So you have one WR out there that is Stuckey who I think would have ran a slant over the middle, and probably not even have picked up the first down much less a TD. You put all your marbles on one open WR and one QB to make a TD on some kind of designed mad scientist bullshit play. I know it's hard to understand what I am talking about until you watch the play over a few times like I did, but you should agree with me after you see it.

Heres the link to watch the replay. Scroll down a little and it will come up on the screen to your top left. Double click the screen for full screen.

Only one WR was supposed to make a play in a situation like that.. I see now why you hate Spence so much..

http://www.cockytalk.com/video.php

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive