Thursday, December 14, 2006

Carolina steals a Tennessee commitment?!

WOW, that's about all I can say..

What in the hell is going on here? Have you ever heard of a guy that was commited to Tennessee pull the ol' switcharoo and commit to Carolina? It's a sign of good things I think!

LB Alonzo Winfield (6-1 200) of Winston-Salem, NC said Thursday afternoon he has switched his commitment from Tennessee to USC. "I did that yesterday," Winfield said. "I talked to coach Spurrier. He was down in Florida recruiting. He was real excited. I like the way South Carolina's linebackers play more than Tennessee's. I felt like I could play better at USC. And I like all the coaches...coach Spurrier, coach Chatham and coach Wommack." Winfield said the USC coaches have told him he will play the same position currently held by Cody Wells. Winfield felt he was better suited for that position than the linebacker position Tennessee was holding for him. Winfield said this commitment was firm and he probably will cancel his official visit to Tennessee set for January 13th.

Other notes: With the commitment of Winfield the Gamecocks jumped 2 more spots in the national recruiting poll to 11th. Also, look for Mark Barnes to commit to the Gamecocks Saturday! If that is the case Carolina will find themselves well in the Top 10 in the nation recruiting! I hope the ball keeps rolling, and it looks like it will!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive