Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's Official.. Garcia is a Gamecock!


He made it official with his pledge to the Gamecocks at about 1:00 today.

"South Carolina was the one team that I really felt comfortable with from the start. I had a great meeting with Coach Spurrier a couple of weeks ago when he visited me."

"I love their offense, and I just like everything about South Carolina. You can't get any better than playing for an offensive guy like Coach Spurrier over there and I'm just excited it's all finally over."

In the end though South Carolina was just too tough to pass up for Garcia, and the talented gunslinger already has plans to check out his new school very soon.

"Actually I'm setting up the flight plans as we speak because I'm going to take another visit over there this weekend."

Grades shouldn't be a concern for Garcia as he maintains over a 3.0 G.P.A. But could the Gamecocks expect Garcia earlier than expected?

"My grades are going well, so I do plan on enrolling at South Carolina early. That's my plan right now.

But did Garcia let the cat of the bag when he made his verbal commitment to Coach Spurrier and the South Carolina staff a few weeks ago?

"I actually made the decision during the Florida vs. Florida State game. I just told him coach you don't have to worry anymore I'm coming, and I'm excited to finally be a South Carolina Gamecock."

While the Gamecocks are still steadily trying to put together another big class, Garcia plans to help the coaches with some recruiting of his own and he already has a few names in mind.

"My first call will probably be to Dion LeCorn from Trinity Catholic. He's a tremendous athlete that would be a great asset to our team."

Upon making his decision for South Carolina did Garcia have a special message for Gamecock fans?

"Get ready to win it. Get ready to win it all. It's going to happen." replied Garcia.

Other notes: With the commitment of Garcia, it moves Carolina up to 17 total commits and six 4 star commits. Carolina is now ranked 15th in the nation in recruiting according to Rivals.com. That is just 1 spot behind instate rival Clemson which is currently ranked 14th according to Rivals.com.

Moving on up, and we still have Dion Lecorn, Mark Barnes, and maybe Carlos Dunlap to sign! This really is turning out to be the best class Carolina has ever had!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive