Sunday, December 03, 2006

One other thing dear brother..

I am serious about this:

I am still supporting Tommy and I hope he finally finds a way to get the job done. Having said that its next year or bust for him, why?

A little not well known tidbit about his contract. This year the buyout went down dramatically, after last month its now down to 2 million. Not alot by coaching standards, I think we gave Ford 3 million and that was a long time ago. This time next year? Its down to $500,000, after that it goes down to whatever he would have got paid through 2010. Chump change.

Next year one of two things must happen, he must win the ACC or beat the Gamecocks. If you lose to the Cocks two years in a row your days are numbered, coupled with two disappointing seasons in a row you can start packing your bags. You guys should be better next year. The ACC should be better next year, not looking good for him right now. I think he could get it done next year, but you can count on next year being his last stand.

Like I say, I want him to get it done, right now he is not. Bad luck, sure no doubt. His comments to the media are not helping him. I have my fingers crossed that Paul Johnson and Jim Grobe don't get snatched up. I think it is unlikely. With the fan base, recruiting and what we would likely pay we should be able to land a good coach. The Tigers are not likely to be dumb enough to go after a big time coach. I think either one of them would come, my number one choice is Paul Johnson. Grobe is a close second and he is the least likely to move anyway. I don't really see them getting picked by the schools open right now. I think Paul Johnson's option should look real enticing to the Clemson decision makers. Its the way to go, you guys saw that this year. Paul Johnson will pass the ball if he has the capability. Wow. How do you defend a true option team that can pass the football? In short you can't. Thats my two cents, what do you think?

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive