Monday, August 19, 2013

Something real quick cause I'm at work and in call but...

The reports I read from the scrimmage said that the line did a good job opening running lanes and Robinson more than held his own if,IF, he got pads on Clowney. The problem was clowney was blowin past him before he could get his hands in him. I'm not real concerned with cause JC is the best defensive lineman in college football and its not a stretch to say one of the best in probably the last 10-15 years. Getting beat by him is nothing to be ashamed of. But it's really a catch 22 because if the defense would've struggled all we would've heard is "Carolina's defense is down this year or clowney hasn't put in the work or isn't going hard". Since offense struggled its just the reverse. "Oh the o line has major questions, can't pass block, etc". And this really goes for every team in the country. Hard to get a gauge based off an inter squad scrimmage because we don't know who played. That's just my take. Ill be the first to say that it excite me that Clowney was pretty much unblockable and the flip to that is it excites me that the o-line opened some running lanes for the backs. I can promise you one thing, at this point in the preseason these guys are ready to hit someone other than their teammates and you can bet your sweet ass I am myself. 10 days, 3 hours, and 10 minutes as I type this. Game on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive