Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Predictions


I previously posted that I thought Scar would be 10-1 and Clem would be 11-0 when they matched up at the end of the year in Columbia. After reading Brent's predictions I realize that it will be ok to throw a bold prediction or two in there. It would be hard to have a worse set of predictions than him lol.

I still see Scar going 11-1. Mainly because of our schedule. Our schedule sets up similarly to the way UGA's has the past 2 seasons. We only play Arky from the west this season. I also still believe that we will beat Clem yet again. If it was at Clem it may be different. Our recent success at home just doesn't allow be to pick against us in a home game (25-3 over the past 4 years). It just wouldn't be a very educated prediction for me to say that Clem would beat us at home especially after we have won the previous 4. Not saying it can't happen just saying that there is nothing that would make me think we would lose that game. The UF game is the same way, I just don't see them beating us at home. Not to mention UF only returns 4 defensive starters, they lost 5 to the NFL, 2 of which went in the first round. I would find it harder to argue against us losing to UT or Mizzou. I still think we beat both of those teams but they scare me more than the UF game.

UGA is a whole different story. UGA is ultra-talented on offense this season. One of the best offenses in the nation, if not THE best. They are going to be good. We have to go to Athens early in the season with a LB corps that literally has no experience and face the Gurshall combo. It may be a long day for the Gamecocks. UGA is due to beat us, and with us going on the road I think this is the year they will. You know UGA has this game marked on their schedule as a must win. Its crazy to think that if we did beat UGA this year they would have players leaving that never beat Scar. Those guys know that and they are gonna be hyped up.

On to Clem, I gotta throw that monkey wrench in there lol. I got Clem going 10-2 with losses to South Carolina and Maryland. Deptula talked me into the Maryland loss lol. I think I've explained enough why I think Scar beats them.

Everyone knows the QB trouble Maryland had last season. By the time they played Clem they had a LB playing at QB. They had one of the top WRs in the nation with no one to get the ball to him. They finished with a defense that ranked right outside the top 20 at the end of the season. They would have had a much better team if CJ Brown would have never got hurt. He returns this season. Clem fans should remember him from their last trip to College Park. He racked up 162 yds rushing to go with his 3 passing TDs against Clem's D. Another game for Clem to watch out for is Syracuse. That's a long road trip in a very unfamiliar environment. That game could get hairy for the Tigs.

I don't care what the FSU fans are saying about their freshman QB. He's still a freshman and Clem will win that one. I may be missing something with GT? Maybe it is Brent's way of extending the olive branch to Vance in light of their GAY WARS.

I'll break the ice on the score predictions:

Scar 28 - UNC 17 - Scar has won 13 strait season openers. Spurrier is 22-1 in season openers (only loss given by the Gamecocks while he was at Duke). I think Fedora is a good coach and the type of dink and dunk offense he runs will provide a challenge. In the end they won't be able to get it in the endzone enough and Scar will easily outscore them unless their dreadful defense has improved considerably.

Clem 41 - UGA - 37 - This will be the battle of the offenses. Both have great offensive attacks and huge questions on defense. It will come down to who can score the most and I think that team will be Clem. Gameday at Clem plus Danny Ford ROH induction along with (hopefully) ALL PURPLE JERSEYS will have the Clem crowd hyped for this one!

You will be seeing a lot of this:

And less of this: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive