Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I guess thats...

one way to look at it. But if that one loss is in the SEC Championship you won't go. Heck you can beat UGA and not even play for the SEC title, just depends on how it stacks up. But if you think you will go before an undefeated Notre Dame, Michigan, Southern Cal, Texas etc... Thats on you. I don't think you would, but maybe. If there are a whole bunch of one loss teams I can see the case for you getting the nod though.

I read your post, but Maryland was terrible last year. We had a bad night the last time we played them there, but we had a good time the next time we played them, simple as that. Everyone has a WTF game every year, even Bama etc... The better teams still find a way to win, which is what we did. That is really the big difference now, most of the time we find a way to win them now. In the past we always lost.

Essentially Dabo has done the same thing Spurrier did. The difference is that we were actually winning the rivalry and he wants to win championships. Same exact scenerio, take down all the crap, de-empahasize the rivalry and go for whats important. I don't care what anyone says, beating Auburn and LSU in a bowl was more important that winning the rivalry for you as well. Those are the games you should have won. Beating those teams convince players they can compete with anyone. I know many will say well Auburn was bad, but we finished a 3 game series with a winning record and thats never happened before. We came real close to winning all 3 games in fact.

This is not a flame bro, but I will say to you that it would have been much better for you to beat LSU and Auburn the past two years than Clemson, well better that you beat Auburn 3 years ago as well. Heck, I don't remember what it felt like for Whitehurst to hang 4 on Scar, because as you can see now it did not really mean much. I remember what it was like to lose to GaTech in the title game and win it also though. The worst loss I can remember was not losing to Scar, it was losing in the ACC Championship. You are always one year away from getting over the rivalry hump, but not a championship.



You could actually win it all this year, my point is that Brent and I made bold predicts (beating you). So did Ryan, saying what he thought, very possible in fact. Not sure why its such a sore spot for you, I really thought you believed they were going all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive