Wednesday, August 28, 2013

There was nothing wrong with your scoring scheme bro

When you posted something that involved a game with picks and points my mind started thinking about the possibilities of how much more we could make it than something simple. I pretty much came up with the scoring scheme I did on the fly while posted. It could very well be flawed. There is no huge equation to it. It's actually pretty simple. I just thought it was a way for everyone to put more thought into there score predictions every week. I wish I would have thought of something like this before and put more thought into it. That's why I'm asking for everyone's opinions. If there needs to be a change made I am all for it. Please let me know before I post the official rules tomorrow.

After I made the first post about the points, I texted Brent and Ryan and asked them to read it and tell me what they thought. Ryan instead posted here and gave his approval. Brent has to close tonight and wasn't able to post but said that he liked it as long as I was the one that kept up with it because he wouldn't have time to.

I then thought about the fact that everyone made their predictions before they realized the rules to the game and what the penalties would be. I thought it was only fair to allow everyone to go back and make changes if they wanted to. No one asked me to do it and I have no idea if anyone will change their predictions. I just wanted to give the option to be fair. No shame in changing your predictions if you were not completely serious the first time and now you actually have to think about it because it involves a game where you are trying to be as accurate as you can to gain points. We're all competitive and I think it will be fun.

The "being cute" part had nothing to do with everyone's original predictions and everything to do with what I had in store for my prediction for Clem in week 2. I was going to have SC State scoring 30+ on Clem just because I could lol. I will rethink that now that I will be held accountable for that with the scoring scheme we have. It has nothing to do with your or Brent's predictions or if anyone thought they were ridiculous.

It's not a conspiracy bro. It's just something that I want to do and Ryan and Brent jumped on board. The work will be on me and all everyone else has to do is make their picks. Like I said, I'm pretty excited about it. Nothing else to it but that.

Again, I am BEGGING all of you to give me any changes that need to be made to the scoring scheme. It could very well not be perfect and I will change it accordingly with everyone's approval. The thing is you have to make it quick because the season starts tomorrow and we may just have to go with what we have and point out the flaws during the season and make the changes during the next off-season. If you want changes voice them quickly.

I do want to stick by my vote as it being called "The Vance Bowl" lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive