Monday, October 01, 2007

Yes, time to move on....

But not forget about how bad this really was....

I agree about the time of possession. But not that the defense didn't do its job. 189 yards rushing sounds kind of bad however, not when you figure that out of 62 plays they ran the ball 46 times. They also only scored one TD very early on the game. Then only 6 points, 3 of which were on a blocked punt putting them in FG range.

I can't blame VK for sticking with his plan and letting them have moderated success rushing, when they were not able to get it in the end zone. 250 total yards and 13 points is not that bad.

But offensively, I don't blame Harper and I don't think he folded even under alot of poor blocking and pressure all night. He had two dropped TD passes very well thrown. He also had a TD pass called back for an incredibly stupid and obvious personnel foul by a lineman. Then you figure out of 4 or 5 missed field goals one was 30 yds. Long story short, all that was certainly not all the missed opportunities, 24 points in fact, but it was certainly enough to say Harper did his job.

I listened to the game and of course did not get to see it. But Clemson fans who did that are always quick to throw Spence and Bowden under the bus said the game was called good. In other words the gameplan was a good one. Not what you expect to hear from the fans.

I don't buy into the blitzing deal. This was just another case of players not executing. Not executing as usual in losses I might add. Hasn't been this was all year. I don't have an answer, I think they are being coached well. I just don't have an answer. Very frustrating as usual knowing they have the ability to win and just choose not to.

The Va Tech game is certainly critical now. We will certainly get beat alot worse if we play like we did last weekend because Va Tech is better than Ga Tech in that they have a more well rounded offense and certainly a better defense. Special teams from Beamer goes without saying.

But who knows, this could be the year they finally wake up and play like they can and have. I give it 50 50 at best that they will.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive