Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Something very interesting mentioned.......

June Jones. I mean, I thought about Jerry Glanville but not him. I just like Jerry. He ran the run and shoot at the Houston Oilers. But he makes his money on defense. He just started as the head coach this year fresh from Hawaii at some little known school. He would have been or could be a good one. It just seems as though its his turn to be successful too.

But this post isn't about him. Its about his mentor, June Jones. I'd be willing to bet, one of the people Spurrier fashioned his offense after was June Jones. June is the creator of the run and shoot. My opinion is that the fun and gun is a modification of the run and shoot. It does something important in that it has running, the run and shoot does not. Short passes in the run and shoot take the place of the run. I think Hawaii can hang offensively with anyone in college football. So why not?

Some would say he has an exceptional QB in Colt Brennan. True, but that offense makes a QB look very good. I think Harper could look just as good. Korn? We all know I want Paul Johnson, I still think he is our best option and this would be the exact opposite. But it certainly is a very interesting thought.

Having said all that. I like what James Davis said this week. He consistently blocks, hits and plays like we want everyone on the team to play. At full speed. He said point blank. We will win this weekend, because we have to, guaranteed. Now, he could very well be wrong. But I can guarantee that if everyone on the team had his attitude we would be undefeated and win the rest of our games including Bowden. Bowden for example is busy talking about how well Maryland is coached and what a good team they are. In other words, as far as he is concerned expect more of the same thing we have come to expect from the Tigers this weekend. Lack of effort and an overabundance of excuses afterwards.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive