Monday, October 08, 2007

Who's Clemson's next HC?

You guys have summed up the VT game. No need for me comment on it. Tommy could save his job once again by beating the Gamecocks but I feel about like you guys do on the chances of that happening this season. Time for the Tigers to look towards the future. It's time for TDP to show some sack and send baby Bowden packing..

You guys won't believe some of the rumors stirring among the Clemson faithful. Chris Pless said a while back that Jimmy Johnson was in the picture. Since the VT game I have also heard on the message boards Bill Cowher and Bill Belichick were in the picture.. lol. Unbelievible what those guys are saying. Let's be realistic though. Vance, I know the 2 guys you would want: Paul Johnson and Jim Grobe. Paul Johnson is a good shot but not as sure about Grobe. I think Grobe is in his comfort zone at Wake. Who knows though, after Spurrier came to Carolina.. You never know. Another good mention I've heard is Tommy Tuberville. He is kind of on the hot seat right now and I could see him at Clemson. Also, I've heard some Clemson fans mention Bobby Johnson; coach of Vanderbilt. I could also see him at Clemson. I think he is a good coach and he would do well with Clemson's talent. Look what he did with only 2 play makers in 2005. One more candidate that can't go without mention, Victor Koenning. He is already established at Clemson. He knows all of the current players and he is already recruiting future prospects for Clemson.

There are a lot more coaches out there than many think. Which one will Clemson land if (when) Tommy is fired? Also, how bad do you think it hurts recruiting if Tommy is fired? That would be the only downfall of Tommy leaving the Clemson program..

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive