Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sorry for the lack of posts bro..

I had a couple of tests this week but I got them out of the way.

Time for a little sand-bagging on my part.. Carolina is ranked as 6th in the nation in the BCS polls. That's great and all, BUT, if we have another offensive performance like we had in the second half of that UNC game; we will lose the rest of the games on our schedule. I have not seen a game where a team was as night/day as South Carolina was in the 2 halfs of that game. We came out like world beaters in the first half. In the second half we came out like Southern Turd State. We have got to get more consistent on offense. O-line was the biggest concern in the 2nd half. Spurrier didn't call a very good game in the 2nd half as well. We lit up the UNC defense passing the ball in the first half. In the second half we come out running the ball behind the center. Right behind the center, every play. Why not run it to the outside, if you must run on every play. I know Spurrier will figure it out though. I just hope we don't have a huge crash and burn season like Clemson did last season. I'm preparing myself for it but I think Spurrier will figure it out.

Blake will play Saturday! Not start, but play. I know it doesn't sound like the great idea right now. Then again, think about the success Blake had when he returned last season. I think Blake may blow it up the rest of the season when he gets his shot. If he doesn't, it's wonderful to know that we have a dependable QB in Smelley. I think we may go to the game this Sat. against Vandy. Going to be nice to see the Gamecocks again in person, especially considering that it isn't on TV.

Also, prediction on the Clemson vs. Central game this weekend. I think Clemson is going to blow them out of the water by 3 TDs or more. Thing is, I'm not so sure that that's what the Clemson fans want to happen. College football is crazy!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive