Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Yep...

you're crazy. There is more to winning a game than throwing a pretty pass. Connor Shaw is a good game manager and finds a way to win the game. There is no guarantee Thompson is going to do that, if he throws 3 pretty passes and comes away with no points, Connor Shaw throws 5 ugly passes and runs in like Indiana Jones running from the natives and scores a TD for example he is better. Thompson could be the next Joe Montana, he also could be the next Chris Smelley, which one you think is more likely? You know where you stand with Shaw and no matter what anyone says, you don't until Thompson starts for a season (sometimes they look great at the beginning and terrible by the end). The verdict was out on Boyd for quite a while, more than one season in fact.

I don't know about your game, but some calls went Clemson's way and some did not. At least one interference that should not have been called and one on the last drive that was pretty blatant. I think it evened out in the end. Shockingly Clemson just wore LSU out, I should have started by saying I was totally wrong. I was almost ready to turn it off after the first 5 minutes because I thought it was going to be worse than I thought. I was totally wrong, they really just wore them down, and Clemson's DL was off the charts. Not sure what they did differently to prepare on defense, but it needs to continue. I am so surprised its even hard for me to believe now, they looked like the opposite of what was expected for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive