Tuesday, June 19, 2012

In a hurry this morning at work...

got a class to go to all day. I will write more when I get home.

Papa was a cabinet maker and thats pretty much the hardest carpentry to do. I think he did the cabinets for most of Georgia. I will take a picture of the shelf I did when I get home. I did it in red stain, I like that color allot. I like the idea of doing pie safes and other old furniture. Mainly because its not supposed to be perfect and mine is not, lol. Instead of table saws and excessive equipment I want to do mine all with hand power tools. I cannot cut straight, but it just means lots of sanding. Wood glue is good stuff too.

Here is a good site to get you in the fever:

 http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat=102

Also here is a PBS TV show or whatever with a bunch of episodes online. This guy is damn good but its cool to watch:

http://www.wbgu.org/americanwoodshop/episodes.html?season=15&episode=1509

Now that I am married priorities have changed to stability, but I will tell you about one of my ideas for a bussiness with woodworking when I get home. Later bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive