Saturday, July 29, 2006

Why College Football Reigns Supreme.



That article was very 0ff the mark and very, very wrong. The ACC has traditionally been a basketball conference, but never has it been anything near the Southern Conference.

Comparatively speaking, Wake Forest and Duke are very similar to Kentucky and Vanderbilt. Also, I don't think the SEC has a school that is almost Ivy League character that competes (admittedly, barely) in Division I football like Duke.

Every conference has its great teams and mediocre teams and bottom dwellers. I will not go as far as to say the SEC is on the way down, but the ACC is right there with it.

In Clemson's defense, I have recently learned more details around Danny Ford's departure, and I understand now why it has taken so long to rebuild what was one of the great teams of the 80's.

The addition of BC, UM, and VT did strengthen an already surging conference, but as a football fan I watched a lot of ACC schools compete with the nations great teams through the last 8 years or so and we were not behind athletically. The offense has generally been more conservative, but the defense is speaking for itself in the NFL drafts.

Finally, if the traditional powers of the SEC doesn't catch up with the new wave of offense hitting college football, I can see them slipping slightly in conference power charts.

These are my opinions, not meant to piss anyone off......but they could. Brent

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive