Thursday, July 27, 2006

Spurrier's Words Clicked With Robertson


July 27, 2006
By Phil Kornblut


USC got the last in person visit with DE Travian Robertson (6-4 230) of Laurinburg, NC, on Tuesday, and it was a final meeting with Steve Spurrier that stuck in his mind as he made his decision to commit to the Gamecocks over Clemson. "He specifically told me he can win with me or without me," Robertson said on SportsTalk Thursday night. "If you don't do what he says, he's going to get rid of you. I like working hard and seeing the results. I was looking more at Clemson facility wise and I felt comfortable there. I got real close to coach Napier, but I felt special with coach Spurrier. I was the only prospect he came to see in North Carolina (in the spring). Spurrier made me feel special. It came down to trusting the coaches. The fact my recruiter Brad Lawing will be my position coach was real important. You are going to spend a lot of time with your position coach." Robertson missed most of last season with a torn ACL but says he's 100% now. He plans to graduate in December and enroll at USC in January if he can get all his academic work done in time.


Side note: Travian Robertson is ranked as the 8th best strong side DE in the nation and a 4 star by Rivals.com

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive