Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Brent's" Teams 11-15 Reviewed.

Before I begin with today's teams, I just wanted to remind you that this is Brent's opinion on the top 25 programs in the country coming into the fall. I used magazines for player's names and a little help on the description, but the rankings are my opinions.

15. LSU: Hot off of a bowl "trashing" of Miami. They have a load of talent down in the bayou. Jamarcus Russell returns with Matt Flynn hot on his tail. Perilloux also waits for his chance. The RB situation is questionable, with some injuries there. The oline will be okay I think. Their defense is loaded with speed and defense, with their secondary being the best. Some people think LSU is the best in the west, but I'm not so sure about this team. MVP: Jamarcus Russell, QB

14. Michigan: Chad Henne is great and so is Mike Hart, so why can't Michigan compete for the Big 10 anymore? This team should be a lot better than last year, especially offensively. Their defense really concerns me. Their new defensive coordinator was hired to stop the big play. Personally, Lloyd Carr should be on the hot seat. He will probably never beat the Buckeyes.

13. Clemson: Is it cliche to mention something about the departure of Whitehurst in every magazine? This team has an All-ACC RB in James Davis, Al -ACC WR in Chansey Stuckey, with loads of talent backing them up. To top it off, they have one of the best offensive lines in the country. Their defensive seven should be among league's best with Gaines Adams and Anthony Waters leading the way. The secondary really concerns me at this point. MVP: James Davis, RB

12. Oklahoma: The Sooners have the best RB in the country in Adrian Peterson, an inexperienced line, and a QB they say is pretty good. I thought he looked pretty bad when I watched him play. Oklahoma is great on defense again with overwhelming depth at DE and all-american type linebackers. This team ruined the BCS championship in '04 and I will not make the mistake other people do with this team and put them in the top 10. They have Adrian Peterson and that is it. He'll be lucky to be able to walk with the 300 carries they'll probably give him. MVP: Adrian Peterson, RB

11. Miami: The speedy Hurricanes bring back two players I thought were really good last year, Tyrone Moss and Greg Olsen. Kyle Wright is supposedly a good quarterback, but to me he could only find TE Olsen and had trouble finding open recievers. The oline is a question mark with a new coordinator. Once again Miami will be unbelievably fast on defense. They will be one of the best in the country as they always are. Larry Coker will not win the ACC though, and I think his seat has gasoline already soaking. MVP: Greg Olsen, TE

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive