Thursday, December 20, 2007

Terps hate to see Ray Rychleski go..


This is what the Maryland fans had to say about Ray Rychleski on a message board:

"I'm sad to see him go. Since he's been here, our kicking game has been very solid. He's presided over: A punter who was named All-ACC all 4 years of his career (Adam Podlesh) -A kicker who got to Maryland unable to consistently hit PATs and left school as the ACC's all time leading scorer (Nick Novak) -A two time first team All ACC punt returner (Steve Suter) -A KR who finished in the top 10 nationally in kick return yardage last year (Josh Wilson). Our kick coverage is also typically very solid. As you said, he's done a nice job with our TEs too. He'll do well for you guys."

"I think it was a good hire for you guys. He has supposedly always wanted to be in the SEC and wants the chance to be a HC down the line. I think I read somewhere where he had an All ACC player on ST his first 6 years here. He also had Vernon Davis and Joey Haynos who was All ACC last year as TEs so he has done well with them as well. I think we also hold the longest current streak in NCAA without a kick/punt being blocked fwiw. He is also a very nice guy and we wish him all the luck in the world."

"You guys will love him. Not that I know a lot about the top special teams coaches nationally, but I'd have to think he's in that group of the 10-15 best."


Sounds like a keeper to me!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive