Wednesday, December 19, 2007

No new news on the DC..

We have found a special teams coordinator. Ray Rychleski was hired yesterday. It looks like Fred Chatham is out. I like the hire. He was coaching at Maryland. During his seven-year span with the Terrapins, Maryland had zero punts blocked, the longest current streak in Division I-A football. Conversely, Maryland has blocked 22 kicks and returned eight kicks for touchdowns during that stretch. Sounds good to me..

Funny you brought up Paul Johnson's DC. I'm hearing he is going after none other than Reggie Herring. I was looking at his track record after Clemson and it looks pretty good to me. He left Clemson for the NFL. After a couple of years in the NFL he went to NC ST. and spent the 2004 season there where they had a very good defense. After he left NC ST he went to Arky and that defense should speak for it's self. They won the SEC west in 2006. I would be happy with the hire and apparently Paul Johnson would to. Now does that mean he is better than Tenuta? No, I've heard a nice little bit of info about why we are not pursuing Tenuta and I'm sure it's the same reason Paul Johnson didn't want to keep him on staff. They say he is one of the worst coordinators to work with in the league. I'm sure Johnson nor Spurrier want any BS to put up with and I don't blame them. Back to Herring, click this link and read the first line of the bio.. lol.
http://clemsontigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/herring_reggie00.html

Yea, ole Rich Rod did WVU dirty. I don't think Tommy Bowden would leave the ACC for a Big East job. If he was going to leave it would be for a SEC job, a bigger one than Arky and I don't see that happening any time soon. I am hearing a Bowden named for the WVU job. Tommy's brother Terry is coming up a lot. Don't be surprised if he is the next HC for WV.

As FSU, ESPN is reporting that those players will be suspended for the first three games of next season. Is it time for Papa Bowden to hang it up?

And as for Clemson moving to the SEC... Big smelly pile of dog dookie.. lol.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive