Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh, I like having something to talk about...

Its a big difference between an argument and a discussion. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we are arguing. I can't help it if Spurrier doesn't like black people, lol. Just a joke.

I hear Nix got a job the next day and a 53% raise going to work with old nutt. I have no idea if that is true.

The Bud Foster thing is just as I suspected. Its a damn good ploy to get him a well deserved raise. He was getting paid about half what he should have been. For one thing, I think he is 60 years old. I think Spurrier will be around 5-10 more years, mainly because he will build a good team. I don't think he wants to wait until he is 70 to land a HC spot. I guess Spurrier offered him a job when he was at Florida also. Evidently Foster's response was less than positive back then.

I had read where Paul Johnson had not made a decision yet. I thought he was waiting until after the bowl game. Be careful in that, just because he said he is not keeping him as DC doesn't mean he is leaving. I can't see him being forced to leave either. He could become the next assistant Head Coach. Or you could have him by the end of the week, who knows. I just don't see Johnson giving him the boot, hes too smart for that. His only problem is he has two damn good DC's in front of him, wow. I see he got a QB already.

On Bowden, I was just going by what TDP and Bowden said. Arkansas asked TDP for permission to call Bowden, he agreed and one phone call. Next day or the same in fact a contract extension was in the works. Just more Indian Snake Oil to get more money. Look, Arkansas got a damn good coach. But that job looks about as shitty as it gets right now. An offense built around two of the best RB's in the nation. Both gone, terrible off the field antics by the players, lack of support by the school official's, very tough recruiting area and last and most challenging, you are all the sudden in the best conference in the SEC. Thats why Bowden who just had the best season, now has the best team of his carreer, no off the field problems, good relationship with the school. Three years left on his contract. He wasn't leaving.

As for the Vincent thing, I don't know. I just think its very reasonable that he wouldn't get punished until after he was convicted. What if Bowden suspended him and then he was found not guilty? So why then is it not OK that his punishment is after his conviction next season? I just don't see the logic in punishing him until he gets convicted of a crime. Pretty cut and dry in my mind.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive