Thursday, May 02, 2013

You are becoming a master at putting words in my mouth lol

I said that a team would have to be "very good" to beat South Carolina? Without going back and looking I don't think I said that at all. I did say that I thought Carolina would have a good team this season and if Clemson were to beat them it would be a good win. Not sure what you're referring to lol.

I have the same or similar expectations to last year. 10 to 11 wins and beating Clemson and winning your bowl is a really good season. Anything under nine wins is a bad season. If you warrant that as high expectations then yea I guess I have high expectations. I think the schedule will play a huge part in our success this season. I think it is very favorable for us.

As far as what is said on the MB I think I've already answered that. South Carolina fans are not hyping up our team any more than any other fan base is with theirs. Look at what some of your Clemson buddies are posting for reference. One of them predicted a national title win this year lol. Talk about expectations..

I believe that you thinking that Clemson's defense will be much improved this year is having high expectations for your defense. I mean if you look at the past couple of years Clemson was ranked 71st in total defense in 2011 and 63rd in total defense in 2012. To say they "improved dramatically" is an exaggeration. Not saying that they won't be much improved this coming season but to think that they will go from below average to great in a season is having high expectations for your defense imo. Lucky for Clemson they have proven the past couple of seasons that they don't have to have a top 50 defense to win 10 or 11 games with the scedule they play.

For the record, I think Clemson beats UGA. It will be a very high scoring game due to the high powered offenses but UGA's defense will actually suck worse than Clemson's this season.

Now if you want to talk about South Carolina's defense this season that's where it will be interesting. I think we will take a drop due to the players we lost this year. It's tough to recover from losing Taylor, entire LB corps and two DBs (one including Swearinger) even if you do have Clowney returning. I'm cautiously hoping the offense will be very good this season and will hopefully be able to pick up some slack. Like I said before though I think the schedule strength will be our biggest ally.

The Spring game was pretty uninformative as usual. It's impossible to get a good feel for your team because of the way they are split up into teams. Then the starters don't even play much and some not at all. You can take a few little nuggets here and there but nothing on your team as a whole. Mike Davis had a really impressive run for about 25 yds where he showed some cut ability. Connor Mitch and Brendan Nosovitch both looked really good passing the ball and Jerrell Adams had a couple impressive catches. That's about all I have until I am able to go back and watch the replay of it..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive