Friday, August 22, 2014

Pretty fair post

I get the part about Scar playing tougher defenses in the SEC. I think the hope is that the OL and talented RBs will be able to help open up the passing game some. I really don't think we will be one dimensional at all. We've seen that Thompson can manage a game in the past. Hopefully he'll be able to handle it when he takes over full time. If not then we can just aim the plays and shoot them out like a cannon..

Not sure I completely agree about the hurry-up offense masking all problems. I understand that Scar and Clem run different offenses but I think the point I brought up about hoping the running game will open up the passing game is true for any offense. I wasn't comparing Scar and Clem's. I think it applies even if you run the HUNH spread. It sounds like you're saying that even if you have garbage RBs as long as you run the hurry up you'll be ok? That even if you don't have a running game that the passing game will be ok as long as you're running the HUNH? Sounds like you'll be hurrying up to punt to me. I'm not saying that Clem has bad RBs. Not saying that at all but I definitely think that RB is an unknown position for Clem. I was just wondering why you hoped Clem would run more if you don't even know what they have at RB?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive