Thursday, August 21, 2014

I don't think anyone would argue

that we're not going to miss Shaw this season. Shaw was arguably the best QB Scar has ever had. Certainly the best I've ever seen them have. Teams like Scar and Clem should never take something like that for granted. However.. there is hope that Thompson can come in and run the offense adequately. We've certainly seen him do it before. I just hope he can manage the offense and not lose games for us. I think he will have a lot of help from the running game and (with what Vance proclaims as a NFL caliper) OL. We have two proven RBs in Davis and Wilds. I would be really worried if we had a bunch of garbage RBs. Thompson has a good surrounding cast. If Thompson can't do it then we can just aim the plays and shoot them out like a cannon..

As far as Clem's offense goes, who knows. I think the QB situation is simular to Scar's. You have to replace arguably Clem's best QB of all time with a a lesser known. I hear you when you say that you want Clem to run the ball more but not having a legit pass threat would hinder that right? Speaking of running the ball.. I saw where Clem lost Brooks to a foot injury. What is their RB situation looking like? I'm assuming DJ Howard will start but that's only because I don't know who else they have besides Wayne Gallman. The only reason I remember Gallman is because he was a part of the Nkemdiche package deal that went sour. Are you sure you want to run more with a stable like that or am I missing the reason for wanting to run more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive