Saturday, August 23, 2014

I'll take a shot at the o-line question

And I'll have more when I give my position by position breakdown. Sorry I haven't done it yet but it's my call week at work and I've been busy as hell. 

To answer your question Vance regarding the o-line, I think its a combo of experience and talent, and size. Carolina averages about 320 across the line, they return 4 starters, 3 of which were all conference selections. Cann is a preseason all american, shell snd Robinson are preseason all sec. Waldrop and stadnik are both the "young guys" that played a lot last year. Cann is a 4 year starter, Shell is a 3 year starter, as is Robinson. I think these are the determining factors in media folk saying we have the best o-line in the sec and one of the best in the nation. When you return 4 out of 5 starters and your 5th guy did start the precious year, people expect you to be pretty good based of the experience factor and the line having a cohesiveness. More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive