Thursday, April 25, 2013

Yes putting it to rest is a good way to put it

No more wondering where your team will be in the next 10 years.

Someone linked that article on the message board and I thought you would find it interesting. Plyler doesn't say it in the article but listening to him on the radio every morning I think he's more upset about traveling to Pitt, Syracuse, BC, ect than anything else. He says that at least if you're in the Big 12 you're traveling to play some competition. I don't think it has as much to do with money for him as it does the addition of those teams.

I for one am glad the ACC is staying entact. There are many ACC teams that surround this area and I like watching them play. Many of our instate high school kids play for these teams. It will be even more interesting when they start playing ND.

No I didn't think Clemson and the ACC were doomed unless FSU or both Clemson and FSU left the conference. If either of those scenarios would have happened then yea it wouldn't have been good.

I think a victory over the Gamecocks would be huge for Clemson this year. I expect Carolina to have a good team and for anyone to beat them it will be a good win. It is especially important for Clemson due to the state of the rivalry as of late. I don't however agree that A Spurrier retirement would automatically put Clemson back on top. Spurrier has spent 8 years at Carolina and likely to be 10 or so when it's all said and done. In that many years he has really built something that nobody thought would ever be at Carolina. It's what you wish for but think will never happen. To think that Spurrier will take all that with him when he leaves is wishful thinking for some. Just like you said with your new AD I think we're gonna be ok with Tanner. I mean he's a sports guy right? He's a competitor and I have every bit of confidence that the man that brought 2 baseball national championships to South Carolina isn't going to let the football program go back to 8 win seasons after Spurrier is gone. That's my garnet colored glasses outlook lol.

I will say this though and this isn't a flame but one more win for Carolina in the rivalry could be huge for us as well (or both of us depending on the way you look at it). You gotta think bro, there has to be a limit of games that Dabo is allowed to lose to us. I remember you saying after we won the 2nd one strait that Dabo wasn't going to last long losing to South Carolina. My question is how long is "long"? One more loss, two? It's an interesting topic and I hope you don't think I'm starting an argument by bringing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive