Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lots of football talk bro, lol...

I was kinda wanting to talk about football but didn't want to be the one that brings it up. It helps that we can officially put this to rest.

What do I think about the article? My first thought was that I have not been on Tigernet in 6 months, probably longer. I like Plyler and he has done allot for Clemson, I'm just bored with listening to his feelings on the Big 12. You want to know who the big loser is in this deal? West Virginia, they are screwed with a capital "S". Oh by the way, they are not doing so hot in the conference either. I think the Big 12 is a little tougher than they get credit for. So when you throw in geography, the Big 12 is just not a very smart move for FSU or Clemson. Also these deals are set up to where you don't get very much money when you move for several years and your voice is not very loud.

The ACC already owns basketball, the best hope is that football one day lives up to its potential. There is no reason in the world why we could not be the second best Conference in football one day, which would make us the number one conference as a whole money wise or at least equal to anyone else. I say that because we recruit the same kids as the SEC does. We just don't win national championships. Things like Clemson beating LSU are big for the conference. People can laugh but thats a big deal, when is the last time that happened from an ACC team? Things could always go south quick but it looks like Dabo is building a pretty competitive program right now. I think there are other Chad Morris's out there, after all he pulled him from no where and many poeple laughed. not Urban Myers though.

There is a money gap, but we get paid plenty of money now, more than we ever have. We pay more now for coaches than most programs. The new AD is a football guy and its expected to be a priority to hire a president that makes atheletics a priority. I am actually excited about the money we are getting and I don't think in the long run its going to buy you a championship or a great program in the end, I really don't. Comparing Clemson to Florida is a laughable, but we have done pretty well pulling some key players from the state. Clemson is not going to be Florida even with the same money and neither is Scar.

I've seen all these discussions, ACC is doomed, Clemson is doomed, FSU, NC State ect... is bolting and Clemson is doomed. Well guess what? My opinion is that we are a Gamecock victory and/or retirement away from being back on top. Of course players like Clowney are also a big factor. Thats just my orange colored glasses opinion, but saying its not even a possibility due to SEC money is not logical, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive