Monday, April 29, 2013

I have a new outlook on players leaving early now

after what happened to Lattimore. He couldn't have went pro till this year anyway but if he would have decided to come back to Carolina next year it would have been hard for me to enjoy the season. Sitting on the edge of your seat and cringing every time he touches the ball worried he's gonna get hurt again. That's why I say let them go pro if they want to go. You don't want it on your coach's head if they contemplated going pro and he got talked into coming back to school and the kid tears his acl. It won't look good for the coach. I also think players leaving early and getting drafted has helped us bring in new talent. They look at us and say if I go there I will play in the NFL early. It also frees up a scholarship. If you have a guy that is focused on playing in the NFL during his senior season and trying to protect his body he may not try as hard as the guy that is having to work his way up. I think some players look to the NFL and it effects their play. I've seen it happen to Carolina. Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages. I don't think we're doing too bad these days with how we're doing things..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive