Friday, September 15, 2006

He's Back!



Mitchell issues apology, will miss game against Wofford, return to team next week

Criminal charges against USC quarterback Blake Mitchell were dropped this morning by a bouncer at a Five Points bar who accused Mitchell of punching him in the face earlier this week.

In exchange, Mitchell agreed to no longer go to Pavlov's, where the incident took place at 1:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Mitchell declined to comment as he left the Columbia Municipal Court.

Kylan Ertzberger, the bouncer at Pavlov's, also left the courthouse without stopping to speak to a reporter.

USC coach Steve Spurrier said that Mitchell, who was suspended indefinitely following his arrest, will miss Saturday's game against Wofford but will return to the team next week.

Mitchell later issued a statement through his attorney, Neal Lourie, apologizing to Ertzberger and his USC teammates and coaches.

"I'm glad to have this behind me so I can focus on my education and the rest of the football season," Mitchell said in the statement. "I truly appreciate the support that this community has shown me."

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive