Sunday, September 01, 2013

I agree bro...

The big hole opened up on Gurley's first run was due to defenders running into each other. To get better stats the simply need to cut out the big plays. That's going to be tough against an offense like UGAs. I think Clemson pretty much set the tone of the whole game and Richt actually just did some things to keep them in it, like the fake punt. Unfortunately, big plays kept them in it as well. We really need to get that fixed. I saw some bad things on defense, but every thing looked correctable. We had a few 3 stooges type tackling plays, but they were swarming to the ball so there was always someone else there to make the play.

I think Venables is that type of coach, he will play soft coverage until needed and then tighten up/blitz when needed. You could see he tightened up the coverage in the first half when it looked like it might get out of hand. Something in my opinion he wanted to wait until the second half to do. A good football team will keep it close until the second half and save allot until then. I also like that he admitted it was a big mistake to play soft and let them score so easily for their last score. He should have blitzed the crap out of them.

I don't know about my picks yet either, I think I know what I will go with score wise, but not completely.  I think it makes it a little more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive